I thought it would be helpful to include a page that gives those new to blogging a resource where you can look to find out what applications and tools I use or have experience with. These resources have taken me YEARS to find and figure out which ones are best and most worthwhile.
Full Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I might earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all things that I have experience with that I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I trust. Please don’t spend money on anything unless you feel it’s for something you really need and will help you reach your goals. If you ever have any questions about how I use one of these things just drop me a message and I’ll be glad to help you.
Web Sites & Hosting
GoDaddy for securing URLs.
Blue Host for file hosting.
WordPress hands down for a platform.
Popup Domination for overlay messages.
StudioPress for premium themes that are point and click.
Woo Themes for another good theme list.
Aweber hands down, but costs a monthly fee based on subscribers.
Mail Chimp for a free option.
e-junkie to get your products out.
PayPal for sending/receiving money and utilizing the “cart” feature on websites.
Diabetic Skillet for excellent diabetes and just all-around healthy recipes.
HootSuite – Social media web-based dashboard for Twitter, Facebook and other RSS feeds.
Elance for CSS, WordPress, logos, sales, marketing and development work at a low cost.
iTunes for podcast distribution.
iTunes Review – how to write a review in iTunes
Libsyn for MP3 file hosting (tip – don’t host the files with your hosting company).
Podcast Answer Man – Podcast Tutorials and resources.
Skype for recording audio for podcasts.
- The Mind-Body Diabetes Revolution by Richard Surwit
- Know Your Numbers, Outlive Your Diabetes by Richard Jackson and Amy Tenderich
- Sweet Invisible Body by Lisa Roney
- Cheating Destiny: Living with Diabetes by James Hirsch
- The Born Again Diabetic by William Dubois
- Rufus Comes Home (Children’s book) by Kim Gosselin
- Taking Diabetes to School (Children’s Book) by Barbara Mitchell
- Think Like A Pancreas by Gary Scheiner
- ADA Complete Guide to Carb Counting by Hope Warshaw and Karmen Kulkarni
- Pumping Insulin by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts
- The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes by Gretchen Becker
- The First Book for Understanding Diabetes by Peter Chase
- Diabetes for Dummies by Alan Rubin
- Your Diabetes Science Experiment by Ginger Vieira
- The Book of Better: Life with Diabetes Can’t be Perfect, Make it Better by Chuck Eichten
To learn more about my resources, tips and tricks enter your email below to sign up for the Blogging Diabetes VIP Newsletter.