In this episode of the Blogging Diabetes podcast I spend around 45 minutes talking to a knowledge leader in the diabetes/endocrinology world about old diabetes, new technology, biochemistry and the future of a cure. At one point early on in the show Dr. Bernstein blew my mind with what he was predicting/seeing for the future in diabetes management.
“You tell me what you want to do and I’ll tell you how to do it” Dr. Bernstein <- Click to Tweet This
Check out the notes section below to get links to many of the studies and concepts that Dr. Bernstein and I talked about in this episode.
After the interview I catch up on a few things that were on my mind like: Caffeine, exercise, BG challenges and some things in the news.
I hope you enjoy the episode and have a great weekend!
- Previous Episode 69 – Interview with Ginger Vieira about Emotional Eating
- Dr. Gerald Bernstein at Friedman Diabetes Institute
- 6th Chromosome and HLA DR3 / DR4
- Dr. Eisenbarth, University of Colorado Denver
- Coxsackie Virus
- American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- NIH DCCT – Diabetes Control and Complications Trial
- Metabolic Memory
- Jay Cutler, Chris Dudley – athletes with diabetes and Paula Deen
- TSA notification letter for those with diabetes
- Kinetic Bike Trainer
- Medisafe Medication/pill app for iOS
- JDRF/Tandem announcement about dual chamber pump
Run time: 1:04:39
How to Review in iTunes <– Video on how to submit a review or rating in iTunes and get a free thank you gift from me
Have feedback or would you like to be a guest on the show? Just drop me a message using the options below.
- BDP Hotline for voice mail or text messages: 410-774-6079
- Post a comment below
Subscribe or find the Blogging Diabetes Podcast on: