In this episode of the Blogging Diabetes Podcast I cover one of the hardest questions I get asked. Since I’ve been asked many times I thought it would be a good opportunity to spend some time answering it so I can point people in the future to this podcast to start.
Question: ____ was just diagnosed with diabetes. What resources or information could you give to him/her?
There are SO MANY great websites, blogs and resources for those with diabetes. It was difficult to name a short list and I left off many folks that honestly should be in the list. One of the big issues I imagine with those diagnosed with diabetes now or in the future is information overload. I tried to keep the list short, but if anyone wants a specific resource that is much narrower in scope, please contact me. Or, if you want more great people to talk to about diabetes just let me know and I can add to this short list. I apologize to the hundreds of people that I didn’t list.
This podcast is really intended to be a good starter resource about those newly diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
“Great resource for kids or adults just diagnosed with diabetes” <- Click to Tweet This
Please add to my list or add any additional thoughts for those newly diagnosed in the comments below. This podcast could really have easily been 3 hours long. Feel free to pass this along if you get asked where to start with someone newly diagnosed.
I hope you enjoy the episode and have a great weekend!
- Previous Episode 63 – Interview with Kim Stebbings
- Think Like a Pancreas by Gary Scheiner
- Diabetes Solution by Richard Bernstein
- Kids First Diabetes Second, by Leighann Calentine
- NYT Article on Vitamin D and Type 1
- ADA, JDRF and DRI
- Misfit Shine – Activity tracker
- How Tim revived his Dexcom monitor after a trip through the washer
- Edgepark is shipping Dexcom G4 sensors
- Disadvantages and Advantages of using an insulin pump
- Onnit and use code: “rose” for 10% off
Kids diagnosed with diabetes resources:
- Children with Diabetes
- Leighann’s D-Mom blog
- Scott Benner’s Arden’s Day blog
- Lorraine Sisto’s This is Caleb blog
Teens/Adults diagnosed with diabetes resources:
Run time: 44:17
How to Review in iTunes <– Video on how to submit a review or rating in iTunes and get a free thank you gift from me
Have feedback or would you like to be a guest on the show? Just drop me a message using the options below.
- BDP Hotline for voice mail or text messages: 410-774-6079
- Post a comment below
Subscribe or find the Blogging Diabetes Podcast on: