In this episode of the Blogging Diabetes Podcast I spend time with Lisa talking through her 37 years with type 1 diabetes. This episode discusses the “dark” side of diabetes and the complications that can happen to those living with diabetes.
My approach to the complication side of diabetes is to do my best each day with the hope that if anything happens down the road I won’t have any regrets. I don’t want to look back and regret not taking better care of myself knowing that there is always an opportunity to do better and improve. Life with diabetes needs to have a balance between living life and managing a disease that never lets up. Going to the extreme left or right isn’t a life that I think I would want to live.
I want to thank Lisa again for being on the show this week and talking about the things many people may not want to think about or face. I hope you enjoy the show!
- Episode 43 Previous podcast
- Friends for Life Orlando 2012
- Banana vs. Sports Drink Study
- Early colon screening article
- Vitamin D study
- FDA Approves Levemir for kids 2-5 yrs old (T1 and T2 diabetes)
- Lisa Hughes (Laraine) on twitter, Facebook and gmail (lisalaraine724(at)gmail.com)
- Genetic testing for diabetes
- NPH Insulin
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Kidney Disease
- Article – Tight glucose control no help to Kidneys
- Dialysis: Hemodialysis and Peritoneal
Run time: 1:00:53
How to Review in iTunes <– Video on how to submit a review or rating in iTunes
Have feedback or would you like to be a guest on the show? Just drop me a message using the options below.
- BDP Hotline for voice mail or text messages: 410-774-6079
- Post a comment below
Subscribe to the Blogging Diabetes Podcast: