Here are my six things that I think others should know about diabetes:
- Anybody can be diagnosed with diabetes, toddlers/infants included.
- A healthy diet of someone with diabetes is the same as someone without diabetes.
- Diabetes is emotional, stressful and sometimes very depressing.
- If you have diabetes, you’re not alone – there’s a whole diabetes online community (DOC) that can be found on twitter, facebook and diabetes blogs.
- There’s no cure and no, insulin isn’t a cure. Double no, an insulin pump is not a cure either.
- I hate needles just as much as the next person.
Please consider contributing to an organization that is researching a cure. Thanks Gina for organizing dblog day!